503found Designer Profile: E2 Interior Design
The team at 503found had the pleasure of collaborating with E2 Interior Designs, Erin Curci and Erin Flinn, during this year’s Newport Harbor Home Tour.
We loved their easygoing personalities and appealing design aesthetic that truly embodied a coastal-luxe lifestyle. The end result of the project was a beautiful and livable environment that reflected the taste and personality of their client.
What inspires this talented duo, and what do they love most about living and designing in Newport Beach? We had to know, so sat down with them recently to find out!
1. Where do you find design inspiration?
We feel really lucky to live in an area where inspiration is all around us – from the beautiful coastal landscape to the enviable beach lifestyle. And, our clients inspire us every day with their unique collections, pieces they’ve found on travels, and family heirlooms. We also draw inspiration from our own travels – from family vacations to attending design shows to our work on out-of-state projects.
2. Where are some of your current projects?
Our current projects run the gamut from a beach house in Newport to mountain homes – with a contemporary twist – in Idaho and Wyoming. We love it all!
3. Why do you love having a home in – and designing in and around – Newport Beach?
Growing up near the coast, that certain something, that special vibe and sense of style is instilled in you from an early age. No matter how fabulous the places we visit, we are always thankful to return to the beach and all that it has to offer. The outdoor lifestyle here is so vibrant and fun to live in and to design around.
4. Tell us about one of the most satisfying interior design/home furnishing/accessory “finds” you’ve ever made – what was it and where did you find it?
We are constantly looking for treasures wherever we go and there’s a different kind of excitement and joy we get from each discovery. Even more importantly, we love finding the people and artisans who create the special objects as much as the finds themselves.
5. How did you discover 503found? There was great buzz about 503found before it even opened! We we’re so excited to hear that something so unique was coming to our neighborhood. We love the store’s diverse aesthetic and we can always find something amazing that makes our projects shine.
6. What makes 503found unique?
We love the entire 503found team- they have helped us out tremendously on Home Tours and on all of our projects. We love the way they have hand-selected artisans and the way they represent and support unique small vendors that you wouldn’t find anywhere else in Orange County.
7. Tell us about some of your favorite “finds” at 503found that you’ve used in your home and in projects!
Our FAVORITE thing from 503found – and it’s hard to name just one! – is a ceramic wall hanging from Paris that’s strung together with hand-knotted jute. It’s so funky and different…we put it on a really clean, modern dining table as a centerpiece with air plants placed in it. It looked amazing!
Comments are closed